Thursday, August 18, 2011

2012 Marathon Schedule

My 2012 marathon schedule is set: Miami, Paris and New York City!

Miami: January 29. It will commemorate my 5-year anniversary of my change into a runner for life. I was going to run this on the actual anniversary weekend in early December, but I want retribution for my Miami 2010 showing, when a large blister the last 14 miles sabotaged my run on what otherwise is a gorgeous course. 10th-anniversary medals are in store, too!

Paris: April 15. This will be my first trip to Europe. We look forward to seeing Lisa's relatives who live in England and staying with them a week. Then we will take a train south through France to Paris, where we are staying across from the Louvre. Then it's time to run through the cobblestone streets and past Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower, starting at L'Arc de Triomphe.

New York City: November 4. I finished this race in 2007 (my 1st) and 2008 (my best), and after a 3-year absence due to work or lottery luck, I'm back in 2012! I already have qualified by virtue of finishing the required minimum 9 scored qualifying races + 1 volunteer event for NY Road Runners in 2011. It will be my 10th marathon or ultramarathon!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a great list for 2012. I haven't even thought about 2012 yet except maybe the Kentucky Derby Marathon in April. So it looks like you're safe. For now. Just in case, you should probably look over your shoulder for Wile E. I'm just saying.

Mark Newman said...

Ha! Thanks, Lisa! Here's a reminder for you:

If you're on the highway and Road Runner goes beep beep.
Just step aside or might end up in a heap.
Road Runner, Road Runner runs on the road all day.
Even the coyote can't make him change his ways.

Road Runner, the coyote's after you.
Road Runner, if he catches you you're through.
Road Runner, the coyote's after you.
Road Runner, if he catches you you're through.

That coyote is really a crazy clown,
When will he learn he can never mow him down?
Poor little Road Runner never bothers anyone,
Just runnin' down the road's his idea of having fuuuuuuuuuun.