Monday, April 8, 2013

Century Mark In Sight

The 2014 ING New York City Marathon just became a lot bigger for me. It is where I will celebrate my 100th race since I traded running for smoking.

Saturday's Scotland Run 10K at Central Park was my 80th overall race.

In 2013, I have run four New York Road Runners races: Joe Kleinerman 10K, Manhattan Half, Gridiron Classic 4M and Scotland Run 10K. I also ran the Publix Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon in February.

I am signed up for four more NYRR races: Run for the Parks 4M, Japan Day 4M, Brooklyn Half and Wall Street Run 3M. Later this month, I register as a guaranteed entrant for the 2013 NYC Marathon. So that will put me at 85 overall races, and I will sign up for the two NYCM Long Training Runs and the NYCM Tuneup 18M, so that puts me at 88.

And I have now basically qualified for the 2014 NYC Marathon as well, so that's 89 locked in. I just need to come up with another 11 races before that one, and then I will be on track to celebrate my 100th race finish at the finish line of the greatest marathon of them all, the New York City Marathon. That one will be cause for one very large party, so save the date...

2 comments:

Kevin said...

That sounds like an awesome plan. What a great way to cap off 100 races with one of the biggest marathons.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great idea Mark! Congratulations on making such a lasting and dramatic change in your life. That's got to feel pretty good. Good luck in your upcoming races, and making it to 100 by New York!